AURI Connects: Fields of Innovation is a platform focused on bringing together Minnesota’s regional ag and food value chains to build capacity and successfully commercialize new and emerging crops. Events focus on highlighting promising new crops, examining market opportunities for emerging crops and highlighting new technologies in existing crops.
Fields of Innovation has a multi-crop focus, providing opportunities for stakeholders to expand their networks, identify synergies and build new collaborations. With its focus on connecting innovation and market development, Fields of Innovation is aimed at building a strong ecosystem for new and emerging crops in Minnesota and its border states that will provide ag producers and value chain partners with new, sustainable options to diversify and thrive.
Please join the discussion at the Fields of Innovation Facebook Group.
For thousands of years wheat has been a staple in human diets due to its unmatched unique viscoelastic properties. In recent history, wheat has increasingly been avoided by some consumers due to digestive difficulties, resulting in a decline in wheat’s per-capita consumption.
Camelina and Pennycress
- Alternative Crops Could Offer Overlapping Opportunity
- AURI Offers Cold Press Solutions to Entrepreneurs
- Camelina Protein
- Growing Markets for Winter Oilseeds: Camelina and Pennycress (Webinar)
- Pennycress Protein
- Winter Annual Oilseeds: Virtual Field Day #1 (Recording)
- Winter Annual Oilseeds: Virtual Field Day #2 (Recording)
- Winter Annual Oilseeds: Virtual Field Day #3 (Recording)
Ecosystem Services Markets
- AURI Publishes Report on Growing Hemp Industry
- Building an Industrial Hemp Industry in Minnesota Forum
- Building an Industrial Hemp Industry in Minnesota (Webinar)
- Hemp Protein
- Fields of Innovation: Commercializing New Ag Opportunities (Webinar – Food | Ag | Ideas Week)
- The Future of Farmer-Focused Ag Technologies (Webinar)
- Into the Field: Developing Minnesota’s Future Ag Innovators (Webinar)
- The Plant-Based Opportunity for U.S. Agriculture (Webinar)
- Brewing with Kernza® Perennial Grain
- Exploring Market Opportunities for Kernza® Perennial Grain (Webinar)
- Food Ag Ideas Week Brought Technology, Innovation and Dynamic Speakers Together
- Kernza® Perennial Grain as a Cereal Grain
- Kernza® Perennial Grain: Cleaning & Dehulling Process
- Kernza® Perennial Grain in Baking Applications