1. One bushel of corn roughly equals how much energy?
a. 5 gallons of liquid propane
b. 3.5 gallons of fuel oil
c. 140-kilowatt hours of electricity
d. All of the above
2. How much DDGS was produced in the U.S. in 2006?
a. 800,000 tons
b. 8 billion pounds
c. 8 million tons
3. What agri-processing coproduct was tested as a boiler fuel?
a. Chicken fat
c. Corn gluten meal
4. About how far does the average food item travel from producer to consumer ?
a. 1,500 miles
b. 150 miles
c. 75 miles
5. About what percentage of agricultural commodities are purchased by local consumers?
a. 3 percent
b. 0.5 percent
c. 17 percent
6. What is the key challenge impacting large-scale biomass use?
a. Energy values
7. USA Solutions produces the Compost-A-Mat for what industry?
a. Sporting goods
Answers: 1) d 2) c 3) b 4) a 5) b 6)c 7) c