1. How many Btu’s can Earthtech Energy pellets produce per hour?
2. What is the annual biodiesel production capacity in Minnesota?
a. less than 1 million gallons
b. about 10 million gallons
c. about 60 million gallons
3. The 50 megawatts of electricity that will be produced at the Fibrominn poultry-litter power plant could power how many homes?
4. How many jobs are dependent upon Minnesota’s ethanol industry according to the Minnesota Department of Agriculture?
5. Why is NuSun sunflower oil showing great promise?
a. farmers think sunflowers are pretty
b. it’s trans-fat free and may reduce cholesterol
c. it’s easy to spell
6. Why are corn stalks considered a biomass fuel with great potential?
a. they are widely available
b. they have significant energy value
c. they are relatively inexpensive
d. all of the above
7. Ingeo fiber is used in shirts and blankets. What is it made from?
a. trans fatty acids
b. soy methyl esters
c. corn polylactic acid
8. What is the gas collected from anaerobic digesters?
ANSWERS: 1)b 2)c 3)c 4)b 5)b 6)d 7)c 8)b