1. What is carding waste?
a. Something you discard in Texas Hold ‘Em
b. Low-value wool processing fibers
c. Paper scraps from the Hallmark company
2. Which Minnesota company is testing a biodiesel powered off-road vehicle?
c. Arctic Cat
3. What is “town gas?”
a. Fuel purchased in a metro area
b. Fuel produced by local gas works prior to WWII
4. What is a decatherm?
a. A million metric Btu
b. A 10-sided biomass stove
c. An extinct dinosaur whose bones were found in the Midwest
5. What is the most common fuel used for gasification?
6. Woolch has been tested on what produce?
7. How much of the United States total energy comes from biomass?
8. What fuels can be gasified?
a. Plant materials only
b. Any carbon-based material
9. What do AURI staff and friends wish to offer retiring executive director Edgar Olson?
a. Thanks for a job well done
b. A happy retirement
c. An appreciation for his efforts
d. All of the above
Answers: 1. b 2. c 3. b 4. a 5. c 6. c 7. a 8. b 9. d