The AURI Connects: Minnesota Renewable Energy Roundtable brings people together to learn, network and act on the challenges and opportunities in the area of renewable energy. Participants range from researchers and educators to business and industry leaders, including nonprofit and government representatives.
The mission of AURI Connects: Minnesota Renewable Energy Roundtable is to take action on immediate challenges and opportunities facing our state, region and nation using Minnesota’s assets.
- Ensuring that Minnesota continues as a recognized leader in renewable energy knowledge, application and utilization.
- Maintaining an implementation platform for moving short and long-term strategic action forward.
The participants of the roundtable represent more than 217 Minnesota organizations, agencies and businesses. While AURI serves as the coordinator and facilitator, more than 500 individuals have lent their insight to the ongoing effort of identifying challenges and priorities for advancing Minnesota’s renewable energy industry.
Partner organizations include:
- University of Minnesota
- Minnesota State
- Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture
When: December 6, 2023 Time: 9:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M. Location: Sauk Rapids, MN + Virtual Register: https://auri.swoogo.com/MNRER23 Theme: The Hydrogen Economy— Evolving Rural and Agricultural Opportunities This hybrid event will focus on how emerging renewable hydrogen technologies can add value to the agricultural and biofuel industries as well as rural economies.
- Opportunities with NIFA
Dr. Toby Ahrens, NIFA-USDA
- Sun Grant Initiative
Dr. Vance Owens, with the SDSU Sun Grant Program
- Feedstock Development for Renewable Chemicals and Other Bioenergy
Dr. Gregg Johnson, Southern Research and Outreach Center-Waseca, University of Minnesota
- Building a Vibrant and Viable Bioeconomy in Minnesota
Brendan Jordan,Great Plains Institute,Bioeconomy Coalition of MN
Dr. Goutham Vemuri, Vice President of Technology Development, Aemetis Inc.
- Minnesota’s Bioincentive Program
Kevin Hennessy, Ag Marketing and Development Division, MN Department of Agriculture
- Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Programs
Pat Dillon, MN-SBIR, Minnesota Innovation and Commercialization Consortium; Minnesota High Tech Association